Yesterday adventure tour was one for the book. We were picked up by the tour operator shortly after 8 am and met our ‘friends for the day’ already sitting in a special car known here as a chicken bus because of it resemblance to a chicken-coupe. Not the most convenience for a long ride but very good for knowing your fellow passenger up close.
Our first stop was at a Elephants camp were we bought green banana to feed our personal beast and to get onto special metal sit attached on top of each elephant. My first reaction was to look for the seatbelt. There were none. While the first two elephants had a bar set across the seat, our seat had none. This lack of a safety bar caused us some very scary moments when the giant animal start going down a steep hill toward the river. Imagine yourself seating on a very uncomfortable narrow seat, about 8-9 feet above ground level and you have noting to hold on to or an ability to use your feet as an anchor while you are sliding forward off your metal chair….
Luckily, our young ‘driver’ did not understand a word in English and Willem did not have a chance but to finish the ride like everybody else. I think that my dear friend will never forget this day. Ever. But, he made it and lives to tell the tale.
From there we went to see the big water fall which present us with the first opportunity to dip in cold fresh mountain water. Now it was my turn to show up my weakness. While I am a very good hiker on leveled ground, climbing rocks and other forms of man made ‘bridges and ladders’ are not my best performance in life.
Lucky me, having Willem and every other person of our small group always near me to hold my hand, pull or push as needed. What really surprise me was the absent of proper information about the length of the hick and the degree of its difficulty. Over all it was about 12 Km round trip which I would labeled as ‘extreme’ in difficulty.
Anyway, I made it. I even got into the freezing pool of water by the waterfall. Willem darling was busy taking pictures of all the young girls in tinny vinny bikinis.
Yes, we certainly compliment each other.
Coming down the hill in our wet bathing suits, (I mean the one who really went into the water), we proceeded to another extreme highlight, whitewater rafting. Now, I do not claim to be an export about this subject, but based on my past experiences in canoeing white water, I would classified this section of the river as class 2 to 3. And so it was. The first rapid was one the most scary one, but for most part the water was manageable and a lot of fun. Willem was busy taking pictures of others. I missed him terribly by my side in the small raft and at the end he was sorry not to join in in the fun.
Yes, indeed, it was day full of fun. Today I paid the price. Every bones and every muscles in my body remind me of their existence and how badly I have neglected them. Yes, I am in very bad shape these days. And if I want to keep up with my new partner, I have no choice but to take better care of myself. And that is why tomorrow we are going for join session of full body massage.
Hey, you do have to start some place, don’t you?
Ps. Once again dear Willem changed his mind and would not let me spend my money on him. So tomorrow we are going Monkey Jumping and then I am Alone, going for body massage and let Willem have an opportunity to have his 1 hour break from me with his daily beer. I am not jealous.
Miriam.
Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten